Congratulations on being awarded a scholarship from the Rotary Club of Redding!
To receive your scholarship, you must meet certain criteria and provide supporting documentation by December 31stof the Award Year.(Award Year = the calendar year you receive your award. If your scholarship award is announced on 4/25/19, then your award year is 2019.)
Once the Rotary Club of Redding has successfully received your Criteria Documents, a payment will be sent to the educational institution indicated to directly pay your tuition costs up to the scholarship amount awarded.
- Maintain at least “B” average during the last three semesters of the current/past school years.
- Performed 10 hours of volunteer community service in Shasta County or in your college community within the Award Year.
- Enroll at least part time in a higher educational institution (trade school, college, or university) for the fall of the Award Year.
As proof of meeting the criteria above, each award recipient must submit the following Criteria Documents to the Rotary Club of Redding via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 31 of the Award Year. The Criteria Documents are listed below.
- Complete high school transcript showing your final grades for the spring semester (June of the award year).
- Community Service Information (CSI) form showing at least 10 hours of community service and signed by a representative of the non-profit you volunteered for. (This may be the same or very similar as to what was submitted on your application for this scholarship.)
- Enrollment Verification from your school showing that you are enrolled at least part time for the fall semester.
Scholarship Payments Requests
Scholarship payments are made directly to the school you provide Enrollment Verification for to offset your tuition costs. To request that your scholarship be paid, please e-mail your three Criteria Documents (listed above) along with the following information for the school payment:
- School Namethat the check should be made payable to (i.e. Shasta College Financial Aid)
- Mailing Addressof the Financial Aid Office for the school (include any specifics such as room numbers, “Attn. To” notes, etc.)
- Your Student IDNumber
Payment will be mailed to your school within 30 days of your request.
Deadline for Payment Requests: DECEMBER 31
Award recipients must meet all Criteria above and submit their Payment Request via email (email@example.com) with their Criteria Documents by December 31st of the Award Year. Failure to do so by December 31 of the Award Year will result in a forfeit of all scholarship funds. Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply for scholarship funds in subsequent years.